AquaDoula Birth Tub Rental
The AquaDoula is a portable heated tub designed specifically for labor and waterbirth. The tub is a wonderful tool to use for staying calm and relaxed in the privacy of your own home (or any birth location!). If you choose a waterbirth, being in water may encourage an easier childbirth for mother and a gentler welcome for baby.
Rental cost is a sliding scale of $225-$325 for the 4 week period.** Please pay what you can, considering where you fall on the scale of economic diversity of San Francisco. A $50 nonrefundable deposit is required to hold your reservation in the calendar. Full rental payment required at pickup. Pickup usually happens 2 weeks before due date and return of tub 2 weeks after your due date. Client is responsible for pick-up and return of tub to Community Well on 78 Ocean Ave. There is an additional charge for delivery/pick up service.
**Part of your payment helps to support Community Well, a welcoming center in San Francisco's Excelsior District for individuals, couples and growing families of all backgrounds to connect with holistic services supporting early parenthood and overall wellness that contribute to a better quality of life.
Each AquaDoula Tub Rental includes:
● The AquaDoula tub frame (aka the AquaWall)
● Heavy Duty Aqua Liner
● InsulCover to place on top of water
● Temperature Controls with GFCI attached
● Submersible Pump to remove the used water
● Inflatable booster cushion for mother to sit on
● One Formfit Disposable Liner (latex free) makes for easy cleaning
● Detailed instruction booklet provides easy setup (no tools required)
Features of AquaDoula Tub:
● Spacious size: 4'6" diameter and 2' deep comfortably accommodates two adults
● Soft padded floors and walls
● Builtin, adjustable heating element which keeps water at a comfortable temperature
Is there anything I have to purchase outside of items included in tub rental?
● Brand new “Drinking Water Safe” Hose (50 foot recommended)
● Extra AquaDoula Tub disposable liner: $25/liner plus tax (1 piece is included)
● Bath Mats and Towels to surround the tub not necessary but recommended